Status of 2020 Fall Events in St. Augustine
It's fall festival and events season in St. Augustine, when we usually look forward to Sing Out Loud, the St. Augustine Songwriter's Festival, the Greek Festival, and many more events and fundraisers.
With coronavirus restrictions and common sense dictating how many people may gather in one location, St. Augustine's non-profits, fundraising organizations, and musicians have had to cancel their events or present them in a way that works in 2020.
Some have come up with interesting ways to bring a smile to our faces and to keep the show going. Some have cancelled for this year only, others have gone online, and others, like the Unity Pink Motorcycle Ride, are going "live and virtual." (Yes, that's now a thing.)
Here is our list of the festivals and annual events you may expect to attend this fall and what changes they have made due to these interesting times.
- Feel the Love 5K – CANCELLED
- Music By the Sea – Concerts planned for Sept. 16, 23, and 30, 2020. Capacity restricted to 250 people via a ticket lottery system. Other restrictions in place.
- Sing Out Loud Festival: Virtual Sessions – Modified version of the popular music festival will offer local musicians as they live-stream from various locations in St. Johns County. Dates are Sept. 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, and 27. Visit here to access live-streams.
- Tour de Forts Classic – CANCELLED, but will be back in 2021.
- Apryle Showers 10K Run — Had been rescheduled from original Spring 2020 date until Oct. 18, 2020. Has been rescheduled again to Sunday, April 25, 2021.
- As If! The ‘90s Fest — Scheduled for Saturday, October 17, 2020, this event has been POSTPONED until Saturday, May 15, 2021.
- Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach — Because it isn’t one ticketed event, it can’t be cancelled, so the Daytona Beach area still welcomes guests to “visit responsibly” from Oct. 15 to 18 in 2020. But there will be no officially-sponsored activities or races.
- Blues Fest at St. Benedict the Moor — CANCELLED (will be 10/22 - 10/24 in 2021)
- Cracker Day Celebration — planned for Saturday, October 17
- Creekside Festival — planned for Saturday and Sunday, October 10 and 11.
- Datil Pepper Festival — CANCELLED, but will be back in 2021
- EXP Con – CANCELLED, but will be back in 2021
- Fall Fair at St. Ambrose — CANCELLED
- Greek Festival — will be Greek Festival To Go! in 2020. No physical festival, but food available for ordering and pickup on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 9 and 10.
- Jail Break 5K — POSTPONED until Spring 2021. Date TBD.
- Oldest City Red Trout Classic – will take place October 14 - 16, 2020. Visit here for more.
- Pink Up the Pace 5K will be virtual, with participants tracking their workouts for the whole month of October. Visit here for more.
- SAiRA Food & Wine Festival — tentatively planned for Oct. 4
- Songwriters Festival – 3rd Annual is CANCELLED but will be back in 2021.
- St. Augustine Amateur Golf Tournament – will be held October 9 - 11, 2020, at St. Johns Golf Club. Spectators will be allowed, but social distancing will be required outdoors and masks must be worn to enter the building.
- Sykes Family Farm Corn Maze – will be held as usual, on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, from October 3 to 25, 2020.
- Unity Pink Motorcycle Race will not be police-escorted race, but individuals and groups can set their own rides for Saturday, October 10, 2020, including a stop at any of the four North Florida Adamec Harley Davidson dealerships between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Woman’s Exchange Fall Luncheons — CANCELLED, but will resume in spring 2021.
- 55th Annual Festival of Art is cancelled, but the Festival will be back in 2021.
- Endless Summer 10K/5K Run – will be held on Saturday, November 7.
- Lincolnville Festival – CANCELLED, but will be back in 2021.
- Rhythm & Ribs – Postponed from the spring, now scheduled for November 6, 7, and 8, 2020.
We are continuing to research the status of fall events, and will post current information as soon as it is available.
Updated on September 18, 2020.