Status of Nights of Lights/Holiday Events in St. Augustine
St. Augustine is getting ready to celebrate Nights of Lights 2020 when millions of lights will make the Historic Downtown sparkle from November 14, 2020, to January 31, 2021. Nights of Lights tours will be operating, some with some modifications, and you can find a list of these tours here.
While St. Augustine will again light up the nights for the holiday season, some holiday events will continue as normal, others have been adjusted to allow for social distancing, and a few have been cancelled this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic. From restaurants to churches, and from carolers to tours, everyone in St. Augustine is working to provide a festive holiday season while keeping those who work here and those who visit as safe as possible.
Here is a list of holiday events, and changes or cancellations that have been made due to these interesting times.
- Beach Blast-Off! 2020 (The fireworks on New Year's Eve) — CANCELLED for 2020
- The Bed & Breakfast Holiday Tour — Cancelled, but will be back in 2021. St. Augustine Historic Inns may host another Bed & Breakfast tour in the spring of 2021.
- Christmas Parade — CANCELLED for 2020.
- Christmas Tour of Homes — CANCELLED for 2020.
- Colonial Night Watch --- CANCELLED for 2020
- Light-Up Night Celebration — CANCELLED for 2020.
- Regatta of Lights — CANCELLED for 2020.
- SEA Rails to Trails Festival — CANCELLED FOR 2020
- Villa Zorayda's Holiday Tours — new Christmas Tree Lighting Holiday Tour will replace the traditional Candlelight Tours in 2020.
- St. Augustine Makers Fest — CANCELLED FOR 2020
- Ancient City Tours Visits with Santa and Mrs Claus — CANCELLED See their Facebook page to email Santa.
Visit here for complete information on Nights of Lights events.
We are continuing to research the status of holiday and Nights of Lights events, and will post current information as soon as it is available.
Updated on October 16, 2020.