Status of 2020 Fall Events in St. Augustine
It's fall festival and events season in St. Augustine, when we usually look forward to a variety of fairs and festivals, including art shows, live music, and Halloween activities.
With Covid-19 restrictions and common sense dictating how many people may gather in one location, St. Augustine's non-profits, fundraising organizations, and musicians have had to cancel their events or present them in a way that works in 2020.
Some have come up with interesting ways to bring a smile to our faces and to keep the show going. Some have cancelled for this year only, others have gone online, and others, like the Unity Pink Motorcycle Ride, are going "live and virtual." (Yes, that's now a thing.)
Here is our list of the festivals and annual events you may expect to attend this fall and what changes they have made due to these interesting times.
- Ancient City Kids Day – originally scheduled for October 24, has been CANCELLED.
- Apryle Showers 10K Run — Had been rescheduled from original Spring 2020 date until Oct. 18, 2020. Has now been POSTPONED to Sunday, April 25, 2021.
- As If! The ‘90s Fest — Originally scheduled for Saturday, October 17, 2020, this event has been POSTPONED until Saturday, May 15, 2021.
- Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach — Because it isn’t one ticketed event, it can’t be cancelled, so the Daytona Beach area still welcomes guests to “visit responsibly” from Oct. 15 to 18 in 2020. But there will be no officially-sponsored activities or races.
- Blues Fest at St. Benedict the Moor — CANCELLED (will be 10/22 - 10/24 in 2021)
- Cracker Day Celebration — planned for Saturday, October 17
- Creekside Festival — POSTPONED until April 17 and 18, 2021.
- Datil Pepper Festival — CANCELLED, but will be back in 2021
- EXP Con – CANCELLED, but will be back in 2021
- Fall Fair at St. Ambrose — CANCELLED
- Greek Festival — will be Greek Festival To Go! in 2020. No physical festival, but food available for ordering and pickup on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 9 and 10.
- Halloween Costume Contest — Ancient City Tours' Annual Halloween Contest will be VIRTUAL in 2020. Visit here to participate.
- Halloween Trick-or-Treating — The City of St. Augustine has given Ancient City Tours the go-ahead to hold their trick-or-treating event on north St. George St. in 2020. It will take place between 2 and 5 p.m. on Sunday, October 25.
- HOLLER-Ween Festival — CANCELLED for 2020.
- Jail Break 5K — POSTPONED until Spring 2021. Date TBD.
- Oldest City Red Trout Classic – will take place October 14 - 16, 2020. Visit here for more.
- Pink Up the Pace 5K will be virtual, with participants tracking their workouts for the whole month of October. Visit here for more.
- SAiRA Food & Wine Festival — Instead of the normal Food & Wine Festival, this event will be offered in a modified format for 2020 (see below)
- SAiRA’s Mystery Wine and Dine — Intimate format where guests may reserve tables for their small groups at any of four participating restaurants. Thursday, October 29, 2020, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Songwriters Festival – 3rd Annual is CANCELLED but will be back in 2021.
- St. Augustine Amateur Golf Tournament – will be held October 9 - 11, 2020, at St. Johns Golf Club. Spectators will be allowed, but social distancing will be required outdoors and masks must be worn to enter the building.
- St. Augustine Amphitheater's Farmers Market – will reopen on Saturday, October 10, 2020. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Sykes Family Farm Corn Maze – will be held as usual, on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, from October 3 to 25, 2020.
- Unity Pink Motorcycle Race will not be police-escorted race, but individuals and groups can set their own rides for Saturday, October 10, 2020, including a stop at any of the four North Florida Adamec Harley Davidson dealerships between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Woman’s Exchange Fall Luncheons — CANCELLED, but will resume in spring 2021.
- 55th Annual Festival of Art is cancelled, but the Festival will be back in 2021.
- Endless Summer 10K/5K Run – will be held on Saturday, November 7.
- Great Chowder Debate — Modified event with samplings going on at individual restaurants throughout the month of November. Winners will be announced online of December 1, 2020.
- Lincolnville Festival – CANCELLED, but will be back in 2021.
- Rhythm & Ribs – CANCELLED. Will return in November 2021.
Nights of Lights and Holiday Season 2020-21
Nights of Lights will begin on November 14, 2020, and continue through January 31, 2021. Nights of Lights Tours will be happening throughout the season. Some traditional holiday events, including the Christmas Parade, the Regatta of Lights, and the Light-Up Night Celebration, have been cancelled. For complete information about the status of Nights of Lights and holiday events in St. Augustine, please visit here.
Visit here for complete information on all Nights of Lights events.
We are continuing to research the status of fall events, and will post current information as soon as it is available.
Updated on October 19, 2020.