Hotel Cordova; Parlor
A historic photograph of the Hotel Cordova's Parlor. This grand hotel was built by Franklin W. Smith, who built it as the Casa Monica hotel in 1888. Just months after opening Smith sold his hotel to Henry Flagler, who opened the Ponce de Leon and Alcazar Hotels just across the street. It remained a hotel until 1932, when it closed. Today it has been reopened as the Casa Monica Hotel greeting visitors to st. Augustine yet again.