Chapel - Entrance
The Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche at Mission Nombre de Dios traces its origins to the founding of the city of St. Augustine in 1565. On September 8, 1565, Pedro Menéndez de Avilés landed and proclaimed this site for Spain and the Church. Menéndez named this site Nombre de Dios, meaning Name of God. He put Father Lopez in charge of the mission, making him the first parish priest in St. Au...
Read More on The Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche at Mission Nombre de Dios