The City Gate in St. Augustine
In 1808 the residents of St. Augustine erected the pillars of the City Gate using coquina blocks. The Cubo Line was also reconstructed at the same time. The City Gate pillars still stand today, along with reconstructed portions of the Cubo Line marking the beginning of St. George Street leading visitors though the heart of the city.
Read More on City Gate