The Great Cross
Due to damage from Hurricane Irma, the grounds around the rustic altar and cross will be closed until October 1.
The Mission of Nombre de Dios traces its origins to the founding of the city of St. Augustine in 1565. On September 8, 1565, Pedro Menéndez de Avilés landed and proclaimed this site for Spain and the Church. Menéndez named this site Nombre de Dios, meaning Name of God....
Read More on Mission of Nombre de Dios