The Alcazar Hotel was built by Henry Flagler in 1889. It was one of Flagler's many contributions to St. Augustine and helped to develop the nation's oldest city as a tourist destination during the turn of the century. This hotel contained the world's largest indoor swimming pool, the first in the entire state of Florida. The Alcazar remained open to guests until 1931. Today this historic building is home the the Lightner Museum, shops, and cafes. It is located on King Street, just across from Flagler College.