Ancient City Baptist Church
Ancient City Baptist Church,completed on February 2, 1896 was the first permanent Baptist church between Jacksonville and Key West. From 1894 to 1896 it was led by Dr. G.J. Johnson who organized the construction of 100 churches across the United States during his lifetime. Ancient City Baptist Church was the 98th church of the 100 he built. Henry Flagler donated the land for the church, just a block southwest of the Ponce de Leon Hotel and the Memorial Presbyterian Church. Today this church can be found at the intersection of Sevilla Street and Carrera Street.