Bridge of Lions in St. Augustine, Florida
The Bridge of Lions was completed in 1927 offically connecting Anastasia Island to automobile traffic. It is a bascule drawbridge, allowing both commerical and recreational boats through a center channel. In 1982 ths Bridge of Lions was put on the National Register of Historic Places. It was recenly renovated by the city of St. Augusitne in 2010 and still serves as a major throughfare to Anastasia Island for residents.