Castillo de San Marcos; Entrance
Entrance to the fort in St. Augustine
A historic photograph of the fort entrance. The Castillo de San Marcos, also called Fort Marion and Fort St. Mark's during its history, has stood watch over the city of St. Augustine since 1695. This Spanish fort is made of coquina, a rock formed only on the east coast of Florida.