Ancient City Baptist Church
- (904) 829-3476
Ancient City Baptist Church was first organized in 1887. It consisted of 18 charter members who met in the Armory of the old Genovar Opera House. In 1894, however, Henry Flagler offered the church a parcel of land (worth about $5,000 at the time) to build on at no charge. Flagler stipulated that the church body could not mortgage the property, that they would agree to never put a bell in the bell tower, and, most importantly, that construction of the church would be completed within two years. The Ancient City Baptist Church building was completed in April 1895. The church is in the Romanesque Revival architectural style, with a cone-shaped turret on top of a three-story tower.
Ancient City Baptist Church is located at 27 Sevilla St. in St. Augustine.
No Reviews Yet...
Be the first to Review Ancient City Baptist Church!