For more than 30 years, the city's first ghost tour, Ghost Tours of St. Augustine, has researched St. Augustine's history and hauntings to offer authentic ghost tours dedicated to historic integrity and accuracy. Now offering special discounts for locals through the end of 2023.
They offer several tour options below:
Ghostly Experience Nightly Tour
The award-winning Ghostly Experience Nightly Tour explores St. Augustine's haunted back alleys with a lantern light held by a professional tour guide. Guests hear the tales of St. Augustine's darker past and where and why some spirits linger. The tour guide shares theories of different types of haunts while reminding guests to watch for evidence of paranormal phenomena, such as swooping lights, fog, and ghostly shadows — all of which have occurred at the haunted sites visited on this tour. The ghost stories are authentic, based on extensive research into historic libraries, church and parish records, in-person interviews, documents, and diaries.
- Ghostly Experience Nightly Tours last approximately 75 minutes and depart nightly at 8:00 p.m. from the Tour St. Augustine office at 4 Granada Street. Call (904) 829-1122 for more information and to make reservations.
Creepy Crawl Haunted Pub Tour and Paranormal Investigation
The Creepy Crawl Haunted Pub Tour and Paranormal Investigation visits four pubs and lets guests enjoy spirits while seeking spirits. A ghost-hunting guide leads the tour, showing guests how to use EMF meters to investigate those spirits at some of St. Augustine's more notorious haunted taverns. The tour guide relates ghost stories, historic pub lore, and authentic tales of historic St. Augustine. The first drink of the night is free, and guests receive discounts at each tavern on the tour.
- The Paranormal Pub Crawl tour visits four venues and lasts approximately two and a half hours. Limited to 18 people, the tour departs at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays through Saturdays from in front of the Tour St. Augustine office at 4 Granada Street.
Paranormal Investigation of Old Fort Grounds
In the dark of the night on select Fridays and Saturdays, those who dare can join the Paranormal Investigation of Old Fort Grounds, including the exterior of the Castillo de San Marcos and Santo Domingo Redoubt on Orange Street. The experienced guide discusses military history, medical procedures, Native American history and legends, and the ghost sightings in these historic spaces. Guests are encouraged to use investigation equipment such as EMF meters, spirit boxes, and dowsing rods.
- The Paranormal Investigation tour starts at the Old City Gate at 9:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. An adult must accompany anyone under 18. There is no entry inside the Castillo.
Private VIP Ghost Tours
Ghost enthusiasts can book a private ghost tour for two to 25 guests for a flat rate of $300.00. Private VIP Ghost Tours are an affordable and fun option for groups of family and friends, reunions, and bachelor/ette parties. The licensed paranormal guide leads the group throughout the city, past historic structures, through back alleys, and off the beaten path in locations with a dark past. The paranormal guide carries EMF meters and demonstrates how to use them.
- Private tours can be scheduled seven days a week and usually depart at 8:30 p.m. from 4 Granada Street. However, the time and location can be adjusted for a customized private tour. The Tour St. Augustine team will also customize a private Haunted Pub Crawl or Private Paranormal Investigation of the Fort Grounds.
Discounts for locals, through the end of 2023
- St. Johns County Residents (with ID): Free admission on Ghostly Experience Lantern-Lit Haunted Walking Tours on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights.
- St. Johns County Residents (with ID): Free admission on Paranormal Investigation Tours of the Fort Grounds on Wednesday and Thursday nights.
- All Florida Residents (with ID): 50% off all ghost tours on all nights for the resident and their guests.