St. Augustine Sailing
One of the most beautiful ways to enjoy St.Augustine is from the water and nothing beats moving along under the power of the wind, watching the seabirds glide and dive, and listening for that “p-puff.” that announces dolphins playing or feeding nearby.
St. Augustine Sailing Charters leave from Camachee Yacht Harbor, a premier marina located on the inland side of the Vilano Bridge. The charters offer unique sailing experiences that are perfect for small groups, private parties, intimate events, or a get-away for two.
St. Augustine Sailing’s premium charters start with two-hours on the water and can include full-day or even overnight charters. Guests may opt to sail on the local rivers, the Intracoastal waterway, or on the Atlantic Ocean.
Their fleet of boats include two open daysailers, plus luxurious cruising mono-hulled sailboats and catamarans from 34 to 45 feet in length. Every charter is captained by an experienced and knowledgeable U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain
St.Augustine Sailing's Captained Charters Options
- Charters can be booked for daytime or evening sails.
- Private charters for two can offer romance on the water for a date night (or perhaps a surprise proposal.)
- Private charters can be undertaken to enjoy the St. Augustine waterfront, view the more natural areas along the Intracostal Waterway, or take an excursion out into the open ocean. (Ocean sails have a minimum of three hours.)
- Themed sailing parties can be booked to celebrate a birthday, bachelor or bachelorette weekend, or some other special event.
- Corporate charters can be used to undertake a bit of teambuilding or to reward a team for reaching their goal.
- Each season, St. Augustine Sailing offers special sailing cruises. For Summer 2021, they present "Get Set To Sail" and "Brunch on the High Seas." Those who want to learn about sailing and haul on the lines, will enjoy "Get Set To Sail" a three-hour cruise that starts with a captain's meeting to impart a few tips, before heading out onto the water so the sailing guests can practice new skills. The post-sail follow-up will include cans of Ancient City's brews. Those who prefer to relax and enjoy a morning on the water, will like "Brunch on the High Seas," a 2-hour charter that will include a chef-prepared brunch, Mimosas, and Typhoon Marys. To learn about these and other special events, go here.
Every charter can be customized to include a wine tasting with St. Augustine Sailing’s Sommelier, a luxurious four-course dinner with an onboard Chef, or a decadent dessert sail.
Every member of the team at St. Augustine Sailing strives to provide each guest with a premier on-the-water sailing charter experience.
Land and Sea Tours
St. Augustine Sailing has teamed up with St. Augustine Experiences so visitors can see and taste the best of St. Augustine in one tour that includes a walking tour of a large portion of historic downtown — featuring some of the area's favorite places for food — and a 2-hour cruse aboard one of St. Augustine Sailing's luxury yacht. Visitors may choose among three options.
- The "Sweet and Salty" cruise starts downtown in the morning focusing on some of the many sweet tidbits found in St. Augustine. Afterward, guests hop aboard a luxury sailboat and enjoy the salty breezes along with wine and beer, while sailing the waters of the Matanzas.
- "Sails and Ales" starts with a two-hour cruise during which local brews and fun cocktails are served. The land portion of the tour will visit historic sites, brew pubs and taprooms.
- "Surf and Turf" starts on board a beautiful sailboat in the morning, with lite bites mimosas and a 2-hour cruise. Afterward, a tour of the historic district includes stops at three of St. Augustine's favorite places to relax over wine, cocktails and various Charcuterie boards.
To learn more and to make reservations for one of these Land and Sea tours, go here.
Themed Sailing Cruises, Available Year-Round
St. Augustine Sailing offers special cruises on every Tuesday and Thursday, and on the third Saturday of every month.
- Tuxedo Tuesday features Bond (that's James Bond) shaking and stirring the drinks while guests enjoy St. Augustine from the cockpit or the deck. Tuxedo Tuesday departs every Tuesday, go here to book.
- Thirsty Thursday sets sail every Thursday with drinks, wine, and cheese — a great start to the weekend. To join fellow mariners on a Thirsty Thursday, go here.
- Sip and Sail Saturday occurs on the third Saturday of every month. Guests can join sommelier Alayna Brewer to taste and learn about five seasonal wines, and then set sail with owner of St. Augustine Sailing, Captain Rose Ann Points. To book a Sip and Sail Saturday, call (904) 829-0648
Nights of Lights Sailing Charters
Guests are invited to relax in the cockpit or sit along the cabin top as their chartered sailboat glides past St. Augustine’s brilliant waterfront during the Nights of Lights celebration. From November 20, 2021 through January 30, 2022, St. Augustine glows with around three million twinkling white lights to celebrate the holiday season.
St Augustine Sailing offers the opportunity for guests to view the Ancient City’s iconic Nights of Lights in luxury on a private sailing excursion.
A.S.A. Sailing Lessons
St. Augustine Sailing, an American Sailing Association (A.S.A.) teaching center, offers classes for both beginners and more experienced sailors. Visitors who choose to include a day or two of sailing instruction to their itinerary will have a unique vacation and set themselves up for a lifetime of fun on the water.
St. Augustine Sailing provides basic sailing instruction for the person who wants to have enough skills to be able to crew for friends or in a local race. Classes are taught in forgiving, but responsive 21 and 22-foot open sailboats that are perfect for learning boat handling.
Additional classes on larger sloops offer more in-depth instruction for basic coastal cruising and basic bareboat chartering. Those who attain the highest level A.S.A. certificate can become certified bareboat skippers who can confidently take a boat on a week’s cruise, having learned the basics for navigating, provisioning, sailing off-shore, anchoring, and docking. St. Augustine Sailing also offers a special class for those who want to learn the intricacies of sailing a catamaran.
St. Augustine Sailing’s A.S.A. sailing lessons are limited to only 4 students per boat so that each has the opportunity to practice every skill.
Sailors with experience who want to captain their own vessel — without the hassle of owning a boat — will find that a SailTime Membership will get them out on the water in a new yacht on a schedule that works for them. SailTime members pay a monthly fee, schedule their chosen boat online, sail, clean it, and walk away until the next time. The St. Augustine Sailing team is happy to discuss SailTime Membership options.
To learn more about their premier sailing adventures, including their fleet of boats and their experienced crew, visit St. Augustine Sailing’s website.
No Reviews Yet...
Be the first to Review St. Augustine Sailing!