Florida's Birding & Photo Fest
2021 dates postponed to 2022 at St. Anastasia Catholic Church
Coronavirus Update: Florida's Birding and Photo Fest has been cancelled for 2021 and rescheduled for April 20 through 24, 2022.
The Florida's Birding & Photo Fest has gained international acclaim among nature lovers and photography enthusiasts, with attendance growing every year. Headquartered at Celebration Hall at St. Anastasia on St. Augustine Beach, the event runs from Wednesday, April 20. 2022 to Sunday, April 24, 2022, and features some 130 events, classes, and outdoor excursions this year.
Each day is jam-packed with activities, with a variety of field workshops on birding and nature photography clinics. The nature tours this year include sunrise and sunset outdoor adventures and everything in between. Specialized tours are offered on area parks and beaches, on boat and kayak tours, and nature tours in several of the area's beautiful state and county parks.
While the dates have been firmed up for 2022, the actual classes and schedule of events have not been finalized. The event will have a nubmer of photography classes that will range from beginners-level to professional techniques, and attendees can be assured that a number of speakers will be presenting their knowledge during the days of the event.
Hotels that have offered special deals for guests attending Florida's Birding and Photo Fest in the past include Beacher's Lodge Oceanfront Suites, Villa 1565 Historic St. Augustine, Home2Suites by Hilton St. Augustine I-95, Doubletree by Hilton, Pier Point South Oceanfront Condominiums, the Ponce St Augustine Hotel, and Sleep Inn St. Augustine.
When: Wednesday through Sunday, April 20 through April 24, 2022. See the links for daily schedules to find out about specific classes, seminars, and excursions. The opening reception will be on Wednesday, April 20, from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m., and the keynote reception will be on Friday, April 22, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: The festival is headquartered at Celebration Hall at St. Anastasia Catholic Church, 5205 A1A South in St. Augustine Beach, FL 32080. Both the opening reception and keynote presentation will take place at the Whitney Lab Center for Marine Studies at 9505 A1A Beach Blvd. in St. Augustine Beach, FL 32084. Individual events will take place throughout the area; visit the festival website for complete information.
Other locations for specific classes and presentations include:
- Alpine Groves Park (2060 State Road 13, Fruit Cove)
- Anastasia State Park (200 Anastasia Park Rd.)
- Castillo de San Marcos ( S. Castillo Dr.)
- Gazebo at the Plaza (24 Cathedral Place)
- Frank B. Butler Park (5860 A1A South)
- Magic Beach Motel (50 Vilano Rd.)
- Marineland Rock Beach (9700 Oceanshore Blvd.)
- Municipal Marina (111 Avenida Menendez)
- River to Sea Preserve Park (5 miles south of Marineland)
- Ripple Effect Ecotours (101 Tolstoy Lane)
- St. Augustine Eco Tours (Municipal Marina at 111 Avenida Menendez)
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm (999 Anastasia Blvd.)
- St. Augustine Lighthouse (81 Lighthouse Ave.)
- St. Johns County Ocean Pier Park (350 A1A Beach Blvd.)
- Vaill Point Park (630 Vaill Point Rd.)
- Vilano Beach Pier (260 Vilano Rd.)
- Washington Oaks Gardens State Park (6400 N Oceanshore Blvd., Palm Coast)
- Whitney Laboratory (9505 N. Oceanshore Blvd.)
Visit here to download maps for all these locations.
For more information on this event please call (904) 209-4422 or visit here.