Celebrate 450! Parking & Transit
Friday - Sunday, September 4 - 6, 2015
Please Note: This event is from 2015.
The three-day Celebrate 450! music and street festival will take place throughout St. Augustine's historic district, necessitating street closures and special parking arrangements for the weekend of September 4 – 6, 2015. Here's the information festival-goers will need to help them have a happy and worry-free experience at St. Augustine's 450th anniversary party.
A pedestrian-only area will be set up for the street festival, bounded by Orange Street, Cordova Street, Cathedral Place and Avenida Menendez. Five stages will be located within this area as well as a special KidZone & Family Oasis. For details on all the entertainment planned for the weekend and a map of the five downtown stages, visit here. For more about St. Augustine's 450th Commemoration, visit here.
The downtown parking garage on West Castillo Drive (pictured above) offers all-day parking at a reduced rate of $10 per vehicle. Handicapped parking is available at the parking garage and at a couple of other locations. See Transit Map below.
Francis Field, which is located just across from the parking garage at 49 West Castillo Drive, is also available for parking for $10 per vehicle (cash only, please).
Additional parking areas will become available as necessary. See the list below.
FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE
Free shuttle service will be available to and from the festival, both on Anastasia Island and uptown to San Marco Ave. Special thanks to Old Town Trolley Tours and Ripley's Red Train Tours for making this possible.
- Friday, Sept. 4, 2015, 12 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015, 11 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 6, 2015, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Island Trolley ... service along Anastasia Blvd. to the east end of the Bridge of Lions, with stops at:
- Anastasia Baptist Church (1650 A1A South) (handicapped parking here)
- R.B. Hunt Elementary School (125 Magnolia Drive)
- Elks Lodge (1420 A1A South)
- St. Augustine Amphitheatre (1340C A1A South)
- The Conch House (57 Comares Avenue)
- St. Augustine Beach City Hall (2200 A1A South)
- Lot near Yacht Club and St. Augustine Lighthouse (Red Cox Road and A1A)
- Drop Off and Pick Up Location: eastern end of Bridge of Lions
Uptown San Marco Train ... service along San Marco Avenue to the Visitor Information Center, with stops at:
- Vacant lot (301 San Marco Avenue), next door to DOS Coffee and Wine at 300 San Marco.
- Vacant lot (179 San Marco Avenue), across the street and just north of Davenport Park at 180 San Marco.
- Drop Off and Pick Up Location: The Visitors Information Center at 10 West Castillo Drive.
U.S. 1 South Shuttle ... service along King Street from U.S. 1 to the intersection of Cordova Street.
Please note that private lots may become available along these shuttle routes, which will charge up to $25 per vehicle. All the shuttles will stop at these locations as necessary.
There will be multiple options for bicyclists, including full-service valet parking, self-service parking and other bike locations brought to you by VeloFest.
The full-service valet bicycle parking location is at the intersection of Dolphin Drive and Anastasia Boulevard, near the east side of the Bridge of Lions. It will be open on Friday, Sept. 4, from 4:30 p.m. to midnight, and on Saturday, Sept. 5, from 4 p.m. to midnight.
Self-service bicycle parking racks are available beginning at 10 a.m. every day Friday - Monday, Sept 4 – 7, at these locations:
- St. Augustine Municipal Marina at 111-E Avenue Menendez
- Government House Lawn at 48 King Street
There are designated park and bike lots at these locations:
- Council on Aging (180 Marine Street) (Handicapped parking available here)
- Willie Galimore Center (399 Riberia Street) (Handicapped parking available here)
- Blue Waters Jewelers (500 Anastasia Boulevard)
- St. Johns County Library (1960 N. Ponce de Leon Boulevard)
ADDITIONAL PARKING LOTS:
Mission Nombre de Dios, 101 San Marco Ave. (Handicapped parking available here)
Chamber of Commerce, 1 Riberia St.
Cathedral Parrish School, 259 St. George St.
Ameris Bank, 790 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Norman Van Dyke Insurance, 798 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Herbie Wiles Insurance, 79 Lemon St.
Upchurch Baily Upchurch, 780 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
United Way, 117 Bridge St.
Futch’s Power Depot, 1700 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Broudy’s & Marriotti's, 35 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Limelight Theatre, 11 Old Mission Ave. (Handicapped parking available here)
Cowen Financial, 136 Malaga St./ 148 Oviedo St.
Whetstone's Empty Lot, 100 S. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Anastasia Family Care, 103 Anastasia Blvd., on Anastasia Island
Council on Aging, 180 Marine St.
Eddie Vickers Park, 399 Riberia St.
Blue Waters Jewelers, 500 Anastasia Blvd. on Anastasia Island
St. Johns County Library, 1960 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Harry's Curb Mart, 204 State Road 16
ADDITIONAL PARKING LOTS WITH SHUTTLE SERVICE
Vacant Lot North City, 301 San Marco Ave.
Vacant Lot North City, 179 San Marco Ave.
RB Hunt Elementary School, 125 Magnolia Dr., on Anastasia Island
Red Cox Road and A1A on Anastasia Island
St. Augustine Amphitheatre, 1340C A1A South on Anastasia Island
Elks Club, 1420 A1A South, on Anastasia Island
Anastasia Baptist Church, 1650 A1A South, on Anastasia Island (Handicapped parking available here)
WATER TAXI SERVICE
A water taxi service will make a continuous loop from Vilano Beach to Camachee Island and the St. Augustine Municipal Marina:
- St. Augustine Municipal Marina (111-E Avenida Menendez)
- Camachee Island (3070 Harbor Drive)
- Vilano Beach Dock (260 Vilano Road)
Below is the complete schedule:
For more information regarding the Celebrate 450! street and music festival, contact Julee Cooke via phone at (904) 209-3460 or via email here.