First Friday Art Walk
First Friday of each month, 5 - 9 p.m. at Plaza de la Constitucion
The next First Friday will be on May 7, 2021.
On the first Friday of every month, St. Augustine's renowned art galleries open their doors and welcome visitors to browse the latest art exhibits at some 30 participating galleries.
This cooperative open house showcases the amazing variety of artwork represented in St. Augustine’s fine art galleries, from contemporary to traditional and everything in between, created by local and national artists working in oils, pastels, photography, ceramics, wood, textiles and metal.
Many of the featured artists are on hand to answer questions about their work. The monthly event takes place on the first Friday of every month from 5 to 9 p.m., rain or shine, throughout St. Augustine's historic downtown area, from Aviles to King streets, St. George Street and others — even over the Bridge of Lions onto Anastasia Island and the beach. See map below.
Call (904) 373-8697 for more information or visit here. This event is sponsored by The Art Galleries of Saint Augustine, which is an artistic association of the diverse and eclectic art galleries located in the nation's oldest city.
This month at First Friday Art Walk:
- Sea Spirits Gallery & Gifts will feature wildlife artist Lorraine Millspaugh from 5 to 8 p.m. on May 7. The evening will include a meet & greet with the artist who paints sea-inspired treasures, and refreshments.
- Great Expectations Realty will host an evening of live music and local art. The food truck Luvin Oven will also be on site. At 7 p.m. St. Augustine Soap will present a demonstration on soap making.
- Butterfield Garage will open its exhibition “To Mom with Love” during the May 7 Art Walk. The exhibit will feature work honoring motherhood.
- On display at the Lightner Museum, the inaugural Lightner Local exhibition features work by Antwan Ramar. Ramar’s “Contemporary Impressions” brings a contemporary vision to landscape painting while embracing historic traditions and techniques.
- Also at the Lightner Museum, the exhibit “St. Augustine in a New Light: American Impressionism from the Collection of the Lightner Museum” includes more than 20 American Impressionist paintings and works on paper from the 1880s through the 1940s.
- The St. Augustine Art Association will host three new exhibitions: “The Great Outdoors,” “Plein Air Pop Up” and “The First Coast Pastel Society Members Show.” The “Plein Air Pop Up” exhibit will feature juried work from the Plein Air Paint Out in April, which includes picturesque scenes from around St. Augustine.
When: 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. on the first Friday of every month.
Where: All through historic downtown and onto Anastasia Island.
See map below or go here to download the Art Galleries of St. Augustine's map.
Please note: After some months of being closed due to the Coronavirus emergency, the First Friday Art Walk has reopened this fall, with most galleries now participating. Organizers have outlined the safety restrictions that will be in place for this event:
"Old Town Trolley Tours will be the only transportation service participating in this month’s Art Walk, providing complimentary wheelchair-accessible shuttle service. The trolleys have made safety their #1 priority and have installed plexiglass dividers between each row so that groups can stay together. Masks are highly recommended on the trolley.
"The St. Augustine Distillery has kindly donated spray bottles of sanitizer for each participating Art Walk gallery. This will be the only way to ride the trolley.
"Old Town Trolley Tours will announce the galleries that are open near each stop. You are welcome to hop on and off the Trolley during their continuous loop at any designated stop between 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.
"We would also like to remind you of the recently passed City of St Augustine ordinance regarding face mask requirements."
Art Galleries of St. Augustine – Member Galleries
ZORA BORA GALLERY
28 Cuna Street | 904.417.0474
The BOLD ART GALLERY
51 Cordova Street; Ste. C | 904.436.5723
St. George District
LOST ART GALLERY
210 St. George Street C-1 | 904.827.9800
SEA SPIRITS GALLERY & GIFTS
210 St. George St., C-2 | 904.679.3811
CUTTER & CUTTER FINE ART – ST. AUGUSTINE
25 King Street – “On the Plaza” | 904.810.04
Historic Art District
ST. AUGUSTINE ART ASSOCIATION
22 Marine Street | 904.824.2310
10 Aviles Street | 904.825.0069
GEORGIA NICK GALLERY
11A Aviles Street | 904.342.2186
AVILES STREET GALLERY
11C Aviles Street | 904.823.8608
JOEL BAGNAL GOLDSMITH
11C Aviles St. | 904.614.4706
214 Charlotte Street | 904.824.0251
22 Cathedral Place | 904.824.3662
WORLEY FAVOR & CLAIR KENDRICK AT PLUM GALLERY POP UP
212C Charlotte Street | 904.825-0069
U.S. 1 District
3175 US 1 South #3 | 904.484.8729
San Sebastian District
BUTTERFIELD GARAGE ART GALLERY
137A King Street | 904.825.4577
MARIA REYES JONES STUDIO GALLERY
134 Riberia Street Unit-103 | 407.619.1338
GALLERY ONE FORTY-FOUR
144 King Street 904-466-8305
49 King St. | 904.829.6880
75 King Street | 904.824.2874
CRISP-ELLERT ART MUSEUM
48 Sevilla Street | 904.826.8530
SWEETWATER COFFEE BAR & GALLERY
8 Granada Street | 904.615.1653
THE COURTYARD GALLERY
75 King Street, Ste. 123 | 904.599.8522
Anastasia Island District
HIGH TIDE GALLERY
850 Anastasia Blvd, St. Aug, FL 32080 | 904.315.6690
WB TATTER GALLERY & STUDIO
501 Anastasia Blvd, St. Aug, FL 32080 | 904.907.1270
ST, AUGUSTINE BEACH ART STUDIO AND GALLERY
370-A A1A Beach Blvd. | 904.295.4428
FIRST LOOK, THE ARTISAN'S MARKET
162 San Marco Avenue. | 904.217.7250