First Friday Art Walk
First Friday of each month, 5 - 9 p.m. at Plaza de la Constitucion
The next First Friday is on August 5, 2022.
On the first Friday of every month, St. Augustine's renowned art galleries open their doors and welcome visitors to browse the latest art exhibits at more than 30 participating galleries.
This cooperative open house showcases the amazing variety of artwork represented in St. Augustine’s fine art galleries. From contemporary to traditional and everything in between, pieces are created by local and national artists working in oils, pastels, photography, ceramics, wood, textiles and metal.
Many of the featured artists are on hand to answer questions about their work. The monthly event takes place on the first Friday of every month from 5 to 9 p.m., rain or shine, throughout St. Augustine's historic downtown area, from Aviles to King streets, St. George Street and others — even over the Bridge of Lions onto Anastasia Island and the beach.
This event is sponsored by The Art Galleries of St. Augustine, which is an artistic association of the diverse and eclectic art galleries located in the nation's oldest city. To see an interactive map of the event, go here
During August's First Friday Art Walk:
- The Concert Series at the Cathedral Basilica begins at 6:00 p.m. Organist Michael Guiliana and countertenor David Mcntyre present the works of Dowland, Purcell, and Bach.
- Friends of the Library welcomes photographer Lenny Foster as he takes the audience on a journey of light. The photographer will explore his creative process as he shares his series of works. This event begins at 2:00 p.m. with doors opening at 1:00 p.m.
- St. Augustine Art Association (STAAA) continues its summer art sale with proceeds going to Ukrainian refugees. This months featured artist is ceramics artist John Quick.
- Lightner Museum presents American landscape artist Gail Beveridge. Her oil paintings of Northeast Florida landscapes reveal the tranquility and quiet beauty of the area.
- The St. Augustine Art Association exhibit: La Vie En Bleu: The Life and Art of Marquerite Castaing.
- Butterfield Garage Gallery presents its annual Garage Sale.
- Laura Burgess is the featured artist at P.A.St.A. Art Gallery for the month of August.
- Other galleries will open new exhibits during 1st Friday. Most new exhibits will remain up throughout the month.
When: 5 to 9 p.m. on the first Friday of every month. (Not every gallery stays open until 9:00 p.m.)
Where: All through historic downtown and onto Anastasia Island.
Go here to download the Art Galleries of St. Augustine's map.
Art Walk Shuttle: Old Town Trolley provides free shuttle service from 6 to 9 p.m. during the First Friday Art Walk each month. To use the service, shuttle stickers can be picked up at any art gallery. The shuttle stops are on King Street, Aviles Street, Cathedral Place and Hypolita Street. Parking for the art walk is free downtown after 5 p.m., and additional parking is available at the San Sebastian Winery and the City Parking Garage. Parking at the City Parking Garage is $15 per vehicle, per entry for non-residents, and $3 for St. Johns County residents with a ParkNow card.
Art Galleries of St. Augustine – Member Galleries
ZORA BORA GALLERY
28 Cuna Street | 904.417.0474
The BOLD ART GALLERY
51 Cordova Street, Ste. C | 904.436.5723
NEFF JEWELRY & GALLERY
7 Rodhe Ave. | 904.829-5003
FIRST LOOK, THE ARTISAN'S & MARKET
162 San Marco Ave. | 904.217.7250
St. George District
LOST ART GALLERY
210 St. George Street C-1 | 904.827.9800
SEA SPIRITS GALLERY & GIFTS
210 St. George Street, C-2 | 904.679.3811
CUTTER & CUTTER FINE ART – ST. AUGUSTINE
25 King Street – “On the Plaza” | 904.810.0460
Historic Art District
ST. AUGUSTINE ART ASSOCIATION
22 Marine Street | 904.824.2310
10 Aviles Street | 904.825.0069
GEORGIA NICK GALLERY
11A Aviles Street | 904.342.2186
AVILES STREET GALLERY
11C Aviles Street | 904.823.8608
JOEL BAGNAL GOLDSMITH
11C Aviles Street | 904.614.4706
ANCIENT CITY GALLERY
11E Aviles Street |
214 Charlotte Street | 904.824.0251
22 Cathedral Place | 904.824.3662
WORLEY FAVOR & CLAIR KENDRICK AT PLUM GALLERY POP UP
212C Charlotte Street | 904.825.0069
U.S. 1 District
3175 US 1 South #3 | 904.484.8729
San Sebastian District
BUTTERFIELD GARAGE ART GALLERY
137A King Street | 904.825.4577
MARIA REYES JONES STUDIO GALLERY
134 Riberia Street Unit-103 | 407.619.1338
GALLERY ONE FORTY-FOUR
144 King Street | 904-466-8305
49 King Street | 904.829.6880
75 King Street | 904.824.2874
CRISP-ELLERT ART MUSEUM
48 Sevilla Street | 904.826.8530
SWEETWATER COFFEE BAR & GALLERY
8 Granada Street | 904.615.1653
THE COURTYARD GALLERY
75 King Street, Ste. 123 | 904.599.8522
Anastasia Island District
HIGH TIDE GALLERY
850 Anastasia Blvd. | 904.315.6690
WB TATTER GALLERY & STUDIO
501 Anastasia Blvd. | 904.907.1270
ST, AUGUSTINE BEACH ART STUDIO AND GALLERY
370-A A1A Beach Blvd. | 904.295.4428
Have a Question?
Upcoming Events that also might interest you
Friday, April 1 - Dec. 31, 2022 | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.