Geo Trippin' Adventure Co.
Geo Trippin' Adventure Co. will help arrange the perfect kayak adventure for any person or group — from simply booking kayak rentals, to providing kayak tours designed to suit the skills and interests of each party.
Concierge Service for those who Paddle
Geo Trippin' Adventure Company's founder, Ben Brandao, has vast experience as a kayak guide and instructor and a great deal of knowledge about the waters of St. Johns County. Through Geo Trippin' Ben willingly provides, not simply kayak rentals and tours, but also advice for all who want to paddle this area — from the St. Johns River and her tributaries, to the waterways of the GTM Research Reserve, and to the Matanzas and her oyster beds closer to the Atlantic. To see the GeoTrippin' map showing most of some of the best kayak sites in the county, click here.
As both a tour guide and a concierge for kayakers, Geo Trippin' helps those who paddle pick the best launch site for that day's adventure, arranges kayak rentals for those who wish to go on their own, and conducts private and group tours from a number of different launch sites.
Launch Sites Near St. Augustine
Geo Trippin' Adventure Co. partners with the following four launch sites, allowing them to book a variety of easily accessible kayak rentals and tours that meet the needs of every guest.
- North Guana Outpost in Ponte Vedra, with rentals for kayaks, paddle boards, and gear, and access to the waters of the GTM Research Reserve.
- The Guana Outpost South, in Vilano beach, with rentals for kayaks, paddle boards, bikes, and gear, and also access to the waters of the GTM Research Reserve.
- Genung's Fish Camp, on Anastasia Island near Crescent Beach, with rentals for kayaks and paddle boards, and easy access to the slightly more demanding tidal waters and oyster beds of the Matanzas River.
- Trout Creek Fish Camp, in the western part of St. Johns' County, with kayaks and tours on this tributary of the St. Johns River.
- Matanzas River — Leaving from Genung's Fish Camp, this tours explores the southern section of the Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve.
Click here to view Geo Trippin' Adventure Co.'s website.
Guided Kayak Tours for Every Family, Group, or Individual
Geo Trippin' offers kayak tours for anyone who seeks a safe outdoor adventure and who wants to learn more about the area's waters, habitats, and the creatures who live here. Their kayak trips generally last 90-minutes to 3 hours (with longer trips available), and start from a number of different launch sites. Geo Trippin' adds the adventure to their eco-tours, offering insights and opportunities not found with many other eco-tours, including full-day excursions, fitness paddles, and kayak instructions.
- Bioluminescent Guana Lake Tour — Opt for the 3-hour sunset tour, or paddle in the dark of night for 90 minutes.
- Guano Eco Tour — This is their most popular tour. It lasts 3 hours and is suitable for all levels of skill.
- Full Moon Kayak Tour — Watch the sun set and the moon rise over the water.
- Eco Trip from Genung's Fish Camp — Also a popular tour, this can be a bit more challenging depending on the state of the tide. Guests paddle a lagoon that abounds with animal life, and explore the protected waters behind the barrier islands on this 3-hour tour.
- Trout Creek — This 2-hour tour includes the St. Johns River and it's tributaries, starts ;at beautiful Trout Creek. Sunset and Sunrise tours are available.
Trekks — A "more righteous adventure" includes more than 5 miles of kayaking plus onshore excursions. Intended for experienced kayakers, this trip leaves from Genung's Fish Camp, and is definitely for those more physically fit.
- Learn to Kayak — Designed around the abilities and goals of each individual, all ages and skill levels are welcome for this 4-hour one-on-one or small group class.
- Kayak Discovery — This 90-minute class will help all kayakers become stronger and to use their core to move faster with less effort. Available as a open group class or a private class, each with a maximum of 5 participants.
- Fit Trip — This class travels far and paddles fast in this 90-minute workout during which the instructor will encourage participants to push harder.
Offsite Geo-Trips — Guests may opt to choose from any number of launch sites within Geo Trippin's home territory. BYO Kayak or rent and visit any number of rivers, bays, and waterways with an experienced guide and story-teller.
For most trips, guests may reserve both a tour and a kayak, or they may bring their own kayaks (BYOK) and take the tours at a reduced cost. (Some restrictions apply.)
Click here to book a tour with Geo Trippin' Adventure Co.
Geo Trippin' Adventure Co. Offers Tours for All Skill Levels.
Geotrippin' Adventure Co. offers kayak tours for all interests and all levels of skill — and the opportunity to view hidden parts of St. Augustine and her rivers. The variety of their tours allows those who visit again and again to enjoy a kayak adventure that is new every time. Locals and those staying for a while can save money and book a six-pack of tours, with no expiration date for its use.
Click here to book a tour (or 6) with Geo Trippin' Adventure Co.
No Reviews Yet...
Be the first to Review Geo Trippin' Adventure Co.!