Bed & Breakfast Holiday Tour
Saturday – Wednesday, December 9 – 13, 2017 | See details below.
St. Augustine Historic Inns presents its popular annual holiday tour of downtown bed and breakfasts from December 9 to 13, 2017. This is the 24th Annual tour, and participating inns will be decorated according to the theme, “Coastal Christmas.” This year, there are some new options in how participants can visit the inns, included extended days for touring.
Guests are given a tour guide package with a map to help them navigate the tour. Along with showing off their best Christmas presentations, the bed and breakfasts partner with some of the finest restaurants in the area to provide delicious food and drink throughout the tour. Each inn partners with one restaurant or culinary specialist, so the samplings are representative of the best each individual local restaurant has to offer.
There are three options for taking the tour, including a new Extended Weekend Tour where guests can visit the inns on Saturday and Sunday, as well as bonus properties on Monday. (B&Bs are open only on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Participating museums are available to visit on Monday.) For those who would like to take their time and make the most of their tour, the 5-Day Relaxed Tour is a great option, offering five full days (Saturday through Wednesday) of touring. There is also a less expensive Tour-Lite Ticket option, where guests can visit the museums on Monday and a limited number of inns on Tuesday and Wednesday. Visit here for the most up-to-date list of participating inns and restaurants.
Extended Weekend Tour Ticket (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)
From 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Monday
Tickets are $40 if purchased in September and $45 after October 1, 2017.
5-Day Relaxed Tour (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
From 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, and from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Tickets are $50.
Tour-Lite Ticket (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
From 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Monday and from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Tickets are $25.
This is a self-guided walking tour. Each day, the inns are grouped into distinct geographical areas to keep the walking to a minimum, and there is also an option to hop on the complimentary Old Town Trolley shuttle. Though the shuttle doesn't stop at every inn, it makes several stops at strategic locations along the route to provide guests with a break from walking. The Trolley shuttle will operate from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. on every day of the tour except Monday. Instead of the complimentary shuttle service on Monday, December 11, Old Town Trolleys will offer tour participants a $10 discount on a full-day ticket for the regular trolley tour.
Participating Inns and Restaurants on the Full Tour Saturday (North Area):
- Centennial House (26 Cordova St.) Restaurant Partner: Aviles Restaurant
- Casablanca Inn (24 Avenida Menendez) Restaurant Partner: Brunch Cafe
- 63 Orange Street B&B Restaurant Partner: Florida Cracker Cafe
- Old Powder House (38 Cordova St.) Restaurant Partner: Blackfly Restaurant
- Carriage Way B&B (70 Cuna St.) Restaurant Partners: St. Augustine Distillery and Barley Republic
- Inn on Charlotte (52 Charlotte St.) Restaurant Partner: La Pentola
- Casa de Sueños (20 Cordova St.) Restaurant Partners: Mojo BBQ & Gifted Cork
- Saragossa Inn (34 Saragossa St.) Restaurant Partner: The Floridian
- Agustin Inn (29 Cuna St.) Restaurant Partner: Michael's Tasting Room
- 44 Spanish Street B&B. Restaurant Partner: TBA
- Castle Garden (15 Shenandoah St.) Restaurant Partner: Corazon Cinema Cafe
Participating Inns and Restaurants on the Full Tour Sunday (South Area)
- Peace and Plenty Inn (87 Cedar St.) Restaurant Partner: TBA
- Old City House Inn (115 Cordova St.) Restaurant Partner: Old City House Restaurant
- Casa de Solana (21 Aviles St.) Restaurant Partner: Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille
- Bayfront Marin (142 Avenida Menendez) Restaurant Partner: Taberna Del Caballo
- At Journey's End (89 Cedar St.) Restaurant Partner: TBA
- St. Francis Inn (279 St. George St.) Restaurant Partner: Meehan's Irish Pub & Seafood
- Cedar House Inn (79 Cedar St.) Restaurant Partner: Collage Restaurant
- Bayfront Westcott House (146 Avenida Menendez) Restaurant Partners: Salt Life Food Shack
- Penny Farthing Inn (87 Cedar St.) Restaurant Partner: San Sebastian Winery
- Kenwood Inn (38 Marine St.) Restaurant Partner: O.C. White's Restaurant
- Victorian House (11 Cadiz St.) Restaurant Partner: Chatsworth Pub
- The Collector Luxury Inn and Gardens (149 Cordova St.) Restaurant Partner: TBA.
Bonus Museums and Galleries
There are ten bonus properties that are available to visit on Monday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
- Ximenez-Fatio House Museum (20 Aviles St.)
- Peña-Peck House Museum (143 St. George St.)
- Father Miguel O’Reilly House Museum (32 Aviles St.)
- Villa Zorayda Museum (83 King St.)
- Oldest House Museum (14 St. Francis St.)
- St. Augustine Art Association Gallery (22 Marine St.)
- Lincolnville Museum and Cultural Center (102 M L King Ave.)
- Lightner Museum (75 King St.)
- Colonial Oak Music Park (27 St. George St.)
- Government House (48 King St.)
- Trinity Episcopal Church (215 St. George St.)
Tour participants will receive a packet containing all this information and a map when they pick up their tickets. Tour participants may begin at any inn which is on the tour that day and see them in any order they choose. Packets will be available at the Information Station (location to be determined) on Friday, December 8, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., as well as at two other locations.
Major sponsors in 2017 include Herbie Wiles Insurance, St. Johns County Tourist Development Council, the St. Augustine Record, and Old Town Trolley Tours.
The Bed and Breakfast Holiday Tour usually sells out early.
Admission: Tour prices vary according to the type of ticket purchased. See information above.
When: Saturday through Wednesday (depending on type of ticket purchased), December 9 through 13, 2017. Hours are from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, and from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday. Guests can visit only on the days offered by the type of ticket they choose.
Where: Participants can begin at any inn on the tour that day. Each inn will have tour packages available; tour participants need only bring their receipt of purchase.
The charity partners for the 2017 B&B Holiday Tour are: Field of Dreams, a specially designed baseball field that will allow mentally or physically handicapped kids the opportunity to play baseball; Community Hospice, which offers a range of services; and the Lincolnville Museum and Cultural Center, which features exhibits and displays about St. Augustine's African-American heritage.
For additional information, please visit www.staugustinebandbtour.com.
Pictured above: The St. Francis Inn at Christmas